Thanksgiving is 2 days away and being a 4 day holiday my desire is to stuff my belly full of turkey and all the palatable sides that accompany it, wait for the tryptophan to wear off and head to the woods. Unfortunately that is not an option for me this weekend so with no potential camo or ammo in my immediate future what is a hunter to do over the long weekend besides all the honey-do’s that have been piling up from every other hunting trip I have been on this year. So I decided to compile a list of things a person in my situation may do and figured I would share it since I hope I am not the only one spending this weekend at home, sorry “misery loves company” I guess… My real hope is that you are able to get to the woods. I would love to hear your hunting stories when you get back. If you are staying home this weekend here are some things you might do:
- Go to the range and sight your rifle
- Archery (practice, practice, practice)
- Clean your guns (rifles and pistols) and wax strings, tighten screws
- Seek out Black Friday specials
- Catch up on DVR’d hunting shows
- Watch YouTube videos on hunting
- Here is a place to start Hunting Videos
- Service and clean UTV (or whatever you have)
- Watch new hunting shows when no other DVR shows are left.
- Relive a story by sharing it with others on I Hunt in Texas: Story Submission
What ever you get into I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. What are your plans if not hunting this weekend?